The purpose of this privacy notice is to ensure personal data processed by Foxleigh Grove Nursing Home is done so in a lawful, fair and transparent manner. Personal Data is information that relates to any individual who can be identified from the data.
Why we process your personal data:
We process personal data for some or all of the following purposes.
– To adhere with all statutory and regulatory requirements
– To safely recruit and employ our staff or volunteers
– To ensure our staff are appropriately trained
– To deliver a safe and effective service
– For safeguarding and maintaining the safety of our residents
We will not use your personal data for anything other than for the purposes set out above and we will never sell your personal data to third parties or share it with third parties without telling you.
Our Lawful basis for processing your personal data:
In addition to the above purposes we must have a valid lawful basis in order to process your personal data.
Therefore we have identified the following lawful bases:
– Legal Obligation
We have a legal obligation to process our residents’ personal data under the Health and Social Care Act and to ensure we comply with CQC regulation.
We use consent as our valid lawful basis when we are able to offer you real choice and control over your data and when you are able to withdraw your consent without any consequences.
For example we will ask for your consent before we use photographs in promotional material or on our website.
The type of personal data we may ask for:
– Name and contact details
– Health, medical and therapy details
– Care plan details
– Financial details
– Personal details such as gender and date of birth
– Support plans
Where we may obtain your personal data from:
Sometimes Foxleigh Grove Nursing Home will need to collect personal data from other sources to give you the best level of care. These sources include:
– Previous placements including residential, nursing or hospital
– Social workers
– Local authorities
– Health commissioning groups
– Health and medical professionals including therapists
– Court appointed deputy
Who we share your personal data with:
There are times when we will need to share personal data with other organisations or third parties.
We will only do this in line with the purposes set out above and we will make sure appropriate steps are taken to protect the security of your personal data.
Foxleigh Grove Nursing Home may share personal data with the following organisations or third parties if and when required:
– Social services
– The Care Quality Commission and other regulatory bodies
– Local authorities
– The NHS and other medical professionals
– Future and potential placements for Service Users
– The courts and the police
– BACS payment services
Friends/Relatives – What data do we have?
As part of our work providing high-quality care and support, it might be necessary that we hold the following information on you:
– Your basic details and contact information e.g. your name and address.
Friends/Relatives – Why do we have this data?
By law, we need to have a lawful basis for processing your personal data.
We process your data because we have a legitimate business interest in holding next of kin and lasting power of attorney information about the individuals who use our service and keeping emergency contact details for our staff.
The retention period applied to personal data we process is defined in our Record Keeping Policy which is available upon request.
Access to your personal information:
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you are entitled to request a copy of the information we hold about you. You have the right to contact us to remove consent, to correct, or to erase your personal data at any time, where relevant. Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be directed by email.
In order to provide you with the best experience while using our website, we process some data about you. This can include photos or you participating in activities, permission will be sort at your admission. This also includes our what’s app group, to allow your relatives to know what you have been up to.
Data Controller details:
Foxleigh Grove Nursing Home is a data controller, meaning that it determines the processes to be used when using your personal data. Our Data Protection Officer’s details are as follows: Manager, Mark Aram, Foxleigh Grove Nursing Home, 01628 673332. E-Mail: Mark.Aram@foxleighgrove.co.uk
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new law that determines how your personal data is processed and kept safe, and the legal rights that you have in relation to your own data. The regulation applies from 25 May 2018, and will apply even after the UK leaves the EU.
What GDPR will mean for residents and staff
The GDPR sets out the key principles about processing personal data for staff and residents.
– Data must be processes lawfully, fairly and transparently.
– It must be collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes.
– It must be limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
– Information must be accurate and kept up to date.
– Data must be held securely.
– It can be retained for as long as is necessary for the reasons it was collected.
There are also stronger rights for residents regarding the information that practices hold about them. These include;
– Being informed about how their data is used.
– Residents to have access to their own data.
– Residents can ask to have incorrect information changed.
– Restrict how their data is used.
– Move their resident data from one health organisation to another.
– The right to object to their resident information being processed (In certain circumstances).
Our Data Protection Officer is the Manager, Mark Aram, 01628 673332.
© Foxleigh Grove Nursing Home